Frequently Asked Questions

How do I maintain my air conditioning unit and other appliances?
Original instruction manuals for all appliances installed by the builder are provided here
 Some helpful info about your apartment, including interior finishes specifications and air conditioning maintenance/repairs is available here . Note: your Fujitsu air conditioning unit should be serviced every year (owner's responsibility)

What maintenance should I carry out on my apartment?
Documents on all maintenance issues are in the documents section of this site

How do I dispose of my large boxes?
All large boxes should be cut up into manageable pieces and placed into the yellow recycling bins at the garbage area on Level 1 (near the dock) where they will be disposed of for you

How do I contact the Building Manager? or 0408 644 165.The Building Manager does not keep spare apartment keys (these are private property), but can assist with your questions and issues such as noise.

Website and after hours number are  in the contacts section

Can I help with the gardening?

Contact the Strata Committee volunteers who are happy to share information

What can I store in my car park?

You can only use the parking space for the parking of a car, trailer, motor cycle or bicycle, unless you erect an approved storage box. You may store most things in a storage box, except any inflammable chemical, liquid or gas, or any explosive, corrosive agent or compound or toxic substance or other inflammable material

What curtains / blinds can I use?

Curtains and blinds be either white or off-white and match the architectural integrity and style of the buildings. You do not need approval for installation except in case of doubt, you may apply to the Owners Corporation for installation approval

Can I install a dead lock on my front door?

The front door of your apartment is a fire exit door, and there is legislation dictating the types of locks that can be installed. If you wish to change the lock or install an additional lock, please check with the Building Manager to ensure that you comply with the regulatory standards, as a breach of a fire rating is a serious matter

How do I connect to electricity and gas?

Contact your preferred supplier in the first instance and arrange connection.
In the event your supplier has difficulty with access to read the meters, contact the Building Manager

How do I join the Strata Committee?
The members of the Strata Committee are elected by the lot owners at each Annual General Meeting. If you wish to stand, advise your name and lot number to the secretariat of the Annual General Meeting: 

Can I place a no junk mail sign on my letter box?
Yes - contact the Building Manager for standardised sticker supplied by Council

How do I get extra keys cut?
Contact the Building Manager for assistance

Can I upgrade my letterbox lock?

Yes, you may upgrade your letterbox with a more secure lock. Contact the Building Manager for more information

How do I connect to NBN?
The Erko building benefits from high speed Fibre broadband in each apartment. Contact your preferred Internet Service Provider for details

Who do I contact if there is a plumbing problem?
In the first instance contact the building manager who will assess if the problem relates to common property or an issue specific to your apartment. If common property, the building manager will arrange for a plumber to investigate the issue. If specific to your apartment, then the owner will need to arrange a plumber

How do I contact the Strata Manager?
P: 8198 8500 Look in the contacts section for details

I wish to report something suspicious. Who do I contact?
Report all issues to the Police (8303 5199 or for thefts 131 444) and advise the  Building Manager  of the approximate time and location

How many swipes/fobs am I entitled to?

The Owners Corporation, for security reasons, permits an owner of a unit to have a limited number of Swipes/Fobs. If you seek an exemption from the rules, you may apply to the Building Manager for additional Swipes/Fobs, provided the reasons you seek an exemption fall within policy guidelines and are valid and reasonable. A form for this process is available here

How do I book for visitor parking?
There is no booking, it is first come, first served. For a special request, contact the Building Manager

There is a smell of drains in my laundry room, how do I fix it?
Pour water down the floor drain (located under the washing machine) and all sinks